OXO POP square storage containers are ideal for storing your marijuana paraphernalia.
Here are some of the many reasons I own several of these containers in different sizes to store paraphernalia:
- Different sizes: These containers come in 12 different sizes, depending on your needs:
- Dimensions of storage space available to you: Whether a shoe box in the back of your closet, your travel backpack or limitless cabinet space.
- Level of discreetness needed: Smaller containers being easier to hide.
- Level of portability needed: Smaller being easier to transport.
- Number of container(s) and purpose:
- You can have one container for all your paraphernalia or multiple with specific purposes.
- For example, a single 4 quart can easily store 3-5 mason jars of cannabis, bowl, portable vaporizer and couple glass stems, lighter, couple misc small tools.
- Alternatively with multiple containers; one container can be for mason jars full of cannabis and tools that work with unused pot. Another can be to hold tools that work with resin/ash, lighters, etc. A 3rd OXO can be much smaller for when travelling with only some of your paraphernalia.
- If transporting, don’t have too much empty space to avoid rattling around of glass/fragile items, so either use a smaller container or pack gear tightly.
- Stackable and space-efficient: POP Containers are available in square and rectangular shapes to make the most of any storage space. When sealed, the lids are flat to encourage modular stacking.
- Odor control: These containers do a good job of locking in the cannabis smell. Over a long period of time if cannabis smells start to leak out, you may have to replace the OXO container if it’s not keeping an air tight seal any longer. Washing the containers as necessary goes a long way to reducing that waft of cannabis smell as you pop the OXO top.
- Easy-to-clean: The lid twists apart with a simple 90-degree turn to get inside all the nooks and crannies, while smooth edges on the body keep food from getting trapped, making it easy to achieve a thorough clean. The silicone gasket is dishwasher safe, but you must hand wash other parts.
- BPA-free: Whereas I store my cannabis in glass, I have no qualms storing paraphernalia in BPA-free plastic. Transporting and cleaning are a breeze.
- One-handed operation: POP’s unique push-button mechanism makes it a cinch to open and close and the button acts as a handle to lift the lid, offering a one-handed solution for storing foods. Users with dexterity problems such as arthritis can open POP Containers without even bending their fingers.
- Make more discreet and block light: Use 1-2 sheets of decent thickness construction paper, depending on size of container, by folding them to fit around the inside the container. With two sheets of construction paper, my big container is perfectly covered inside and the construction paper stays in place nicely without the need of tape. This helps reduce UV light exposure on the rare occasion your container is directly exposed to sunlight. This also helps keep your items inside more discreet since someone would have to pop the top at least.
Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc. all carry these OXO containers. Next time you’re shopping, look at some of these different sized containers and think about what paraphernalia you might put inside.
What do you use to store your paraphernalia?
Marijuana Storage and Critical Paraphernalia Posts:
- How to Store Cannabis
- Keep Your Marijuana Fresh with this Long-Term Storage Option
- Portable Cannabis Storage – The Mediocre, Acceptable, and Pro Methods
- Marijuana Paraphernalia Storage Containers [this post]
- Grinder: A Valuable Part of any Weedist’s Utility Belt
- Czech Pipe Tool: Valuable Part of Any Weedist’s Utility Belt