This weedist prefers to store his cannabis in glass mason (aka canning) jars for short-intermediate term usage. I’m not a fan of bags or jars made out of plastic.
Depending on bud density, I find these 4oz jars to almost always handle 1/4 oz of cannabis. If you like strain variety and tend to have a few types around the house, versus a large amount of a single strain, these 4oz jars are perfect.
Jars that are too large take up more storage space and if mostly empty may not keep your bud as fresh as long. Of course you should own a couple of larger sized mason jars for when that great deal on a 1/2oz or 1oz comes up!
Few other things to strive for:
- Make sure the lids are tight and the jar is airtight. Assuming you already have well cured bud, just make sure you open at least every 2-3 days.
- Keep your bud jars out of the sun.
- Don’t freeze your weed, but it is a good idea to store it at room temperature or cooler. Ideally, the temperature would be 52-55F.
- Wash your jars often. The resin from good weed will gum up your lid’s seal. Fortunately all you need to do is scrub your lid and it should be as good as new.
Of course there are many other ways one could store as well, this is merely my personal preference. What’s the method to your storage madness?
Marijuana Storage and Critical Paraphernalia Posts:
- How to Store Cannabis [this post]
- Keep Your Marijuana Fresh with this Long-Term Storage Option
- Portable Cannabis Storage – The Mediocre, Acceptable, and Pro Methods
- Marijuana Paraphernalia Storage Containers
- Grinder: A Valuable Part of any Weedist’s Utility Belt
- Czech Pipe Tool: Valuable Part of Any Weedist’s Utility Belt