Pest control is the measure taken to eradicate pests if prevention fails you. Never use any pesticides on your marijuana plants.
Pest prevention is the art of keeping pests out of the garden through environmental controls, such as cleanliness and air quality. Even if pest prevention does not work, you still don’t need to use any harmful chemicals. This video explains how to use predatory insects as effective pest control. The video specifically describes using insects called green lacewings to annihilate spider mites, the most common pests in a marijuana garden.
Notable points from the pest control video, “The Bugman” – Bug Control for Medical Marijuana Plants (Green Lacewing Eggs)”
- Brad the Bug Man introduces himself and describes the medical marijuana garden. (0:00 mark)
- Explanation of ‘ideal conditions’ and common pests. (0:20 mark)
- Green lacewing eggs. Affordable, effective way to deal with spider mites. (0:51 mark)
- Description of spider mites. One female can produce one million spider mites in 30 days. (1:03 mark)
- “It’s easier and more affordable to prevent the problem than to cure it.” (1:19 mark)
- How to use the green lacewing eggs. Description of lacewing life cycle and applications of eggs. (1:32 mark)
I hope everybody finds this information helpful, please feel free to offer additional information or your personal experiences in the comment box. Please remember, there is no need to use pesticides or other chemicals at any time, on any crop. Nature has much safer pest control methods readily available. Here is an excellent list of predatory insects to give growers several live options for pest control.