In a recent article, Rolling Stone magazine’s Julian Brookes suggests that there are 9 signs that pot legalization is coming soon. When you consider the evidence, it’s hard to disagree, though it feels like we’ve been here before.
When even a federal judge appointed by Ronald Reagan calls the criminalization of marijuana “absurd,” you know we’ve come a long way from “Just Say No.” As many as three states could vote to legalize pot this November, and not just for medical purposes – for straight-up getting high purposes. There’s always the chance they’ll chicken out, like California voters did in 2010. But sooner or later, and probably sooner, a state will go green. Read on for nine signs that pot legalization is coming to the U.S.
9 signs that pot legalization is coming soon:
- Even President Obama admits the status quo isn’t working
- Public opinion has come around
- Legalization made the November ballot in three states
- Very serious people are calling for drug reform
- The first–ever legalization bill has been introduced in Congress
- Most Americans are down with medical pot
- Mainstream politicians are coming out against the ‘war on drugs’ approach
- Cops are starting to back off
- A pro-legalization Presidential candidate is on the ballot in 47 states