Here’s a video from Russ Belville speaking on behalf of the Political Action Committee (PAC) Oregonians for Law Reform (www.oregonlawreform.com). Nothing we haven’t heard before, but we hope that this message starts to sink in as voters head to the polls in a few weeks.
Highlights from the Oregonians for Law Reform Video
- End the facade of police trying to determine who is sick or healthy enough to put in a cage [0:20 mark]
- Measure 80 provides jobs and tax revenue that Oregon desperately needs [0:27 mark]
- Institutes the industrial hemp crop our leaders have already legalized [0:31 mark]
- Best of all, Measure 80 protects our children by imposing the same educational and ID card requirements that have brought teen alcohol drinking and tobacco smoking to their lowest ever recorded levels [0:36 mark]
- We are 1 out of 7 Oregon adults, who enjoy the same respect of our friends who enjoy fine Oregon wines and craft beers [0:50 mark]
- We may be the only Oregonians who want to pay more taxes [0:58 mark]
Oregonians for Law Reform PAC Mission Statement
The mission Oregonians for Law Reform (OLR) is to advocate for progressive criminal law reform in Oregon.
OLR is currently working to support Measure 80, the historic citizen’s initiative on the ballot this November that would once again end adult marijuana prohibition.
Measure 80 will also allow for state and local governments to refocus their limited public safety resources away from non-violent marijuana crimes, and towards more pressing crimes such as theft, murder and rape. Currently there are no regulations surrounding the sales of marijuana. Regulating marijuana sales will require adults over 21 to show photo ID, which in turn will make it much harder for children to obtain.
Oregonians spend tens of millions of dollars per year to prosecute marijuana crimes, while cutting funding for education, and other programs vital to our state. OLR will continue to support all progressive law reform efforts in Oregon that make sense from a public policy standpoint, with the ultimate goal of making our communities stronger and safer.
Donate to the Oregonians for Law Reform PAC
If you like what you hear, please donate to Oregonians for Law Reform.