Here’s a short video guide to sexing your marijuana plants, or how to determine if you have a male or female plant. As you may know, only the female plants produce the flowers that we like to smoke. The female plants also produce much more potent flowers if they are starved of a male plant for pollination… This is what is called Sensimilla (or “sans semilla” – without seeds). The key is determining if they plants you are growing are male or female.
If you purchased your seeds, you probably won’t have to worry about sexing your marijuana plants because most commercial seeds have been “feminized”, but just in case you don’t have feminized seeds or if your seeds go hermaphrodite, you should know what to look for so you don’t ruin your grow! As the narrator says, if you aren’t sure, just wait a week, it’ll become clear.
Sexing Your Marijuana Plants video highlights:
- Pre-flower male/female comparison [1:09 mark]
- Diagram with the basics on male & female plants [1:24 mark]
- Male pre-flowers [1:44 mark]
- Female pre-flowers [1:48 mark]
- Bumps on stalk [2:06 mark]
- Female pre-flowers [2:17 mark]
- Male plants: big balls, no hairs [2:36 mark]
- Hermaphrodite plant, shows both sexes [2:43 mark]