VaderVision is back with a new video. VaderOG was on vacation for a couple of months and kicks it off with some thoughts on how he rates cannabis. He compares the cultivation, complexity and evaluation of cannabis to wine.
As usual his clips have tons of great random jokes, visual effects, and bong hits throughout the video to keep all 20 minutes engaging.
Here are some highlights:
- “Well I guess it’s time to start growing again” after a 2 month break leads into some great pics of growing some plants. [1:35 mark]
- Vader is off to Napa Valley to bathe in the deep history and science of wine making. He loves small-scale organic farming and ponders what the parallels are between the wine and cannabis industries. [2:20 mark]
- Vader explains what dry farming is and how it’s employed at organic wine farms in Napa. He dives into how he wants to apply these techniques to cannabis cultivation as it can improve the taste and flavor of your crop. [3:42 mark]
- A walk through on how to evaluate the coloring and aroma of wine. Vader stresses how important smell is to the overall experience. [5:15 mark]
- How to evaluate cannabis using similar criteria from evaluating wines. By looking at and smelling the nugs, Vader can evaluate how well cured it is. He compares bud cured for 4 weeks vs 9 months. In this example, the 4 week cured bud has a relatively overpowering smell where it’s tough to distinguish between the various underlying scents. [7:40 mark]
- Take time to think about the kind of effects the particular batch you’re consuming provides and also how the smell and taste interplay with the effects. [10:50 mark]
- The importance of breaking apart your cannabis to really unlock the smell. A grinder is a core part of any weedist’s tool kit. [12:20 mark]
- Vader rips his first deep bong hit and chokes like a champ! He tries to get as much sensation and taste as possible. [13:25 mark]
- Vader goes into the taste and effects of his tasting “This is a strain that hits you quick and hard, there’s no messing around with it. One bowl and you know you’re in the game.” [16:21 mark]
- Closing thoughts on how scientific/serious to be. One doesn’t have to go crazy technically recording things like appearance, palate, effect, aroma. They’re simply criteria for you to think about as you experience and enjoy different batches of marijuana. End of the day, did you like it or not? [19:20 mark]